I tell you, as often as you did it to one of these my brothers or sisters, however unimportant they seemed, you did it to me.Matthew 25:40
Trinity has a long-standing tradition of serving our neighbors. Please contact the church office if you are interested in joining any of the activities listed below!
Trinity supports both local and international efforts to alleviate hunger. Current activities include
- Delivering food donated each month by Trinity members and neighbors to the food pantry run by Living Faith Lutheran Church
- Preparing a meal every quarter for residents of the Interfaith Works Women’s Center
- Donating food and funds to Stepping Stones Shelter, Bethesda Help, and Manna Food Center
- Raising money year-round for the ELCA World Hunger ministry
Montgomery County Interfaith 5K
Trinity is partnering with Shaare Torah Jewish Community, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, Interfaith Families Project of DC (IFFP), and the Islamic Society of the Washington Area (ISWA) to create the annual Montgomery County Interfaith 5K. As a symbol of interfaith respect, we are hosting a 5k race on Labor Day, September 6, 2021. Join us for a day of family fun and fitness, and celebrate our diverse Montgomery County community of faiths.
A Wider Circle
On average, A Wider Circle schedules appointments with 20 families every day so that they can select and pick up belongings for their homes (beds, furniture, household items, art, linens, toys, cleaning products and a non perishable meal). And they do this 365 days a year! Even so, the waiting list is so long that it can take 9 to 12 months to get an appointment.
Trinity adults and youth volunteer at A Wider Circle for several hours every quarter. On these service days, we also deliver gently used donations from members of the Congregation. All ages are welcome to volunteer! Trinity’s Social Ministry Committee schedules and announces specific dates; the next opportunity to serve at A Wider Circle will be posted on Trinity’s monthly calendar!
Other Service Partnerships
Trinity is involved with a variety of other efforts to serve our neighbors, both at home and abroad. Current activities include
- Collecting Back-to-School supplies and creating quilts for distribution by Lutheran World Relief
- Providing financial support to the Lutheran Disaster Response of the ELCA
- Providing financial support to Stephen Deal and Marta Giron, ELCA missionaries in Central America
- Participating in Lutheran Social Services refugee support programs
- Conducting a Winter Coat Drive for Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service